Grandpa's 80th Birthday

Tuesday, August 18

My Grandpa / Lolo celebrated his 80th Birthday last Saturday but the PARTY was held last Sunday - August 16, 2009 at Sangkalan Restaurant in Quezon City.

I volunteered myself to make the desserts - as usual. I wanted it to be much better than my Dad's birthday last year - which I also made the desserts. Its my first time to create a dessert buffet at my Dad's birthday so its kinda amateurish. So I said to myself in my Grandpa's birthday I will make it as good as I can. lol

I decided to make CHEESECAKE on a Shot Glass for a change since most of my relatives haven't seen those yet. But instead of having a Graham Crust I just put layered cheesecakes - I am on a time crunch.

I make cupcakes instead of 3 layered cakes, with flavors chocolate and vanilla. I used butter cream frosting in color Aqua Blue. Its cute! :)

Its also my first time to make a fondant cake from scratch with a real cake. Before I only use STYROFOAM for the base since its much easier to manipulate and design than a real cake. I find it hard to design a cake for MALE than a FEMALE. Its more fun and arty for the female. I wanted a car so there, its not pretty but its OKAY. Also the colorful stuffs were bought and not made by me.

There my AMATEUR Fondant Cake! :) I am proud lol even though it looks like a kid's birthday cake, I still need to practice. I am getting there, just one step at a time.

Enjoy the pictures! :)











0 comments: