Catching Up

Monday, August 24

Last Saturday I got the chance to meet with my College friends again after 5 months of not seeing each other. It was actually Markie's birthday celebration slash treat. We met up at EDSA Shangri-la to have an early dinner at Secret Recipe. I ordered a set meal that costs P199 - Minestrone Soup, Lasagna with Bread, Iced Tea and a slice of cake. Its quite a lot for that price so I can say that it is worth it, although I find the lasagna full of beef rather than equal amounts of beef and pasta.




After the meal we watched UP a movie by Disney and Pixar. Its really heartwarming, its nice to watch movies like that once in a while. The cinema is jampacked with kids, some of them talking out loud during the film hahaha.











After the movie we went to Ortigas at Side Bar for booze. Its a nice cozy place in El Pueblo. We drank Zombie, Mai Tai and Daiquiri and ate Sisig, Potato Skins and Calamari. Too bad I cannot stay longer since I have a curfew (I know right?) at around quarter to 11 pm Kin and Jac drove me to Trinoma to meet my parents.




Even though I only got to spend 6 hours with them, I still had a lot of fun. Its nice to catch up with old friends once in a while. Markie said that there will be a Part 2 - the planned party version, I am definitely looking forward to that.


0 comments: