Sandwich for Breakfast

Friday, September 4

I have been having Top Chef Marathon while I am sick because I have nothing else to do. Bad thing is all I want to do is eat and cook. My fave episode on Season 3 is the burger quickfire challenge - that got me salivating on all of those burgers! That night I tweeted:

"Thanks to my Top Chef Marathon I suddenly find myself craving for a big juicy burger.. Hopefully I'll be able to eat one tom..Stil bedridden"

"Im thinking of Baconator at Wendys or Quarter Pounder at McDonalds? Or the Champ at Jollibee?"

NO, I didn't get the chance to eat one of those because I cannot go out and its raining this past few days due to the typhoon "LABUYO" and my condition might get a lot worse, also I cannot afford that right now because I have a lot of pending orders to bake.

On the down side I cannot make burger patties - I really don't know how but I will try it very soon and I'll blog how it goes. But for now to satisfy my crazy craving I decided to make a sandwich for my breakfast. Sandwich is a main thing in our house since my Mom and I love to eat sandwich and salad for dinner.

I ran out of dried basil - which I usually use in basically everything I cook, so I just toasted the bread with butter. Then I made scramble eggs and added a little bit of cheddar to it, then I fried sweet ham. I assembled the sandwich by putting mayo in the toast then ham then toast then mayo then sliced cheese then the eggs and finally with the mayo and toast again. No lettuce and tomato since we ran out because my Mom haven't been to the market yet. I usually eat my sandwich with iced tea or juice, for me its much appetizing that way because the flavor of the juice and iced tea suits the taste of the sandwich well.

Its a very heavy protein rich breakfast but hey I am a big girl with a big appetite!

So there, enjoy! ^_^

Photobucket

Photobucket



6 comments:

Olga Babenko said...

it`s a good breakfast))

charmaine said...

Look's good! Everything is so much better fried and with butter, so fattening though hehe. And for some reason I'm craving grilled cheese sandwiches tuloy! ;P

bK said...

Speaking of butter, have you tried beurre noisette? It's like clarified butter that is slightly burnt. It has an interesting, distinct flavour of its own.

Punky Porca said...

@ style of olya baileys - it really is! :)

@ Charmaine - me too! gosh I just don't have a nice cheese here but I'm definitely buying one of these days.. :)

@ B. Kushner - I haven't heard of that before, I hope its available in our country. Ill try to look for it when I visit the biggest grocery store I can find. :) But thank you for the suggestion! :)

FashionJazz said...

Hello babe, this looks so yummi! My blog is now on bloglovin xxx

Punky Porca said...

@ FashionJazz I am happy that you registered! :) I can now be updated everytime you have a new post! :)